Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Chicken Escapade

In previous weeks Isaac has shown greater interest in the chicken coop. I realized a week before these pictures that he had figured how to open the door. Well, we recently got our yard completely fenced in (it was just missing a gate across the wide driveway), so when Isaac came up missing I knew he had to be somewhere in the yard. After an exhaustive search I realized I hadn't checked the coop. The first picture is what I saw. He was about 3/4 of the way in, naked with only a diaper. After weeks of laboring he had finally gotten in and realized it wasn't as fun as he thought. The chickens weren't being mean. It was the slippery, muddy, poopy guck under his bare feet that he was having such turmoil. Yes, I ran to get my camera before I let him out. :) However, I was in such a rush to save that sad little face, that I didn't open the door to get a better picture AND I had bare feet also. Therefore, I was surely not walking in there as long as the chickens were behaving. So, I cracked the door, held out my hand and coaxed him to me. With great trepidation and caution he made it. I thought that surely he learned his lesson...

Well, the next day (the other 2 pics) he was back at it. This time I caught him before he got in. However, I could tell he was not trying as fiercely as he had before. He mainly just stood there and watched them. It's one of his favorite outdoor pastimes.

No comments: