Monday, August 04, 2008

My Sins, My Saviour - by Stacey Wallace

He stood firm, rejected by the crowd.
He knew His mission; we knew not how.
I struck him hard with the palm of my hand.
I spat upon God's glorious plan.
I cursed as he said, "I am the Son.
Watch as scripture fulfillment will be done."
"Crucify him! Crucify him!" I heard myself yell,
and as knowingly as Pilate, I send him for the kill.
I pierced his head with a crown of thorns,
while looking in a face that seemed to show much concern.
'Hail, King of the Jew' was said in mockery,
as I forced him up Golgotha so willingly.
He hung on the cross and somehow I was to blame
for his nail-pierced crucifixion when the ninth hour came.
As the rumors spread of the stone being rolled away,
I recalled of his message that he came to seek and to save.
It all became clearer that he was the King of the Jews-
and unless I acted fast I was the one to lose.
I was condemned to hell because of my sins,
but my Saviour cleansed, forgave, and now leads me to heaven.

No comments: