Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Isaac is Going to Heaven

Isaac will be 5 in Feb and is the youngest of my four kids. He's also the youngest age of them to be saved. I thought it would be at least another year because we can never get him to focus on anything for very long and any conversation to do with sin and heaven never lasted more than 2 minutes.

Sunday night after church, Savannah, Caleb and Isaac were at the table eating pizza. Isaac was singing, of course....I truly think that's his FIRST language :)...and then I heard from the living room Savannah starting to ask him questions regarding what he was singing. I came in the kitchen and "took over" (which I wish I hadn't, but God fixed that in the end). He knows that Jesus died on the cross for our sins so we didn't have to and so that we could go to heaven, but it's just been words or songs.

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we
were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

It was the FIRST time he admitted that HE was a sinner! He would always be glib and say no, even though he could explain SEVERAL things that were sin that HE did. When I explained Hell and the Lake of Fire forever and ever with the Devil, he burst into tears and sobbing like I've never seen him, exclaiming that he didn't want to go to Hell. When I asked him How do you NOT go to hell, he explained that he had to ask Jesus into his heart and tell Him you sin.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal
life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Then a switch turned in his head amidst his crying. I heard him say something about Daddy so I offered to take him to talk to Daddy (Todd was in bed still waking up-works 3rd shift). He said, "No, I want to sleep with Daddy." I could see the Devil working in this young mind. We were taking it slow and not pushing, amazed that we had already talked for 10 min. He understood but declared he wanted to wait until he's older, like Keegan.

Ecc 9:12, "For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken
in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are
the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them."

We went to talk to Daddy. Isaac wanted Keegan to come in and he asked Keegan if he asked Jesus in his heart and if he was going to heaven, which Keegan told him yes. Isaac again declared he wanted to wait until he was older and he was struggling with the concept of death as you could imagine. He said he wanted to stay Here in this house! :) How to explain to a 4 1/2 yr old that EVERYONE dies and you cannot wait! ?

Mark 13:32 "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the
angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

So we continued to take it slow and ask him questions and got the correct responses, but were waiting for HIM to ask to pray. Well, we realized that he had it in his mind that he had to be older and we wanted it to be HIS decision. So we gathered the other kids in our room and did our bedtime prayers. I peeked at Isaac as we all took our turn in prayer and watched how he was holding his sisters hand and watching each of us intently....he usually is not that still and somber during prayer. He tends to sneak to the bathroom at that time. :)

We finished and he declared he wanted to ask Jesus in to his heart!!! Now, I offered us right there and that was not what he had in mind. He declared he wanted to go up to Savannah's bed with Savannah and Daddy "could listen at the door." Who's going to argue with that! And that's just what happened.

Romans 10:9, "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:13, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

When he came down, I pretended not to know and ask, "What are you doing out of bed?" He said, "I asked Jesus in my heart!" He wanted to call several family members, which he did, and was bounding with energy and excitement. Right before he finally went to bed at 9pm (late for him), he stood next to me bouncing his little legs and ask, "Mommy, why does Jesus make me move?" "What do you mean?" "Look, I'm moving....How does Jesus do that." He COULD NOT contain his excitement, it was so sweet.

He''s definitely been a different boy. NOT PERFECT. We are all sinners and repenting of that sin and asking Jesus to be your Saviour does not make us perfect but allows the Holy Spirit to indwell us and convict us of our sin so we may turn from it. But when he disobeyed Monday and lied, he was able to take the correction with a different attitude and ask Jesus for forgiveness with a different heart. This is a miracle!

After he went to bed, I admitted to Todd that I had been trying to figure out why he didn't want me or him to lead him to the Lord. It didn't make sense at first as Isaac is always pushing his big sister away as she tends to swarm him like another mother with hugs and kisses and just loves him so much. God spoke to me and let me understand that it was FOR SAVANNAH. She has always been a spiritual little girl and is very moved by the Holy Spirit. Not ONLY did she BEGIN the conversation with him and should've been able to finish it, but it allowed her to KNOW the feeling of leading another to the Lord and get the "taste" of it that I believe will aid her in her spiritual journey.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

**If you have never asked Jesus in your heart it's as simple as humbling yourself as a child, as Isaac did. I would not want you to "wait" until your older, suffering through this world without Christ, and then suffer the pain of the Lake of fire for all eternity. The devil would have you to remain proud and suffer with him. Christ has so much more to offer. If you would like to accept Jesus now, pray the following prayer. "Dear God, I know I have sinned and I want to ask for your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died for my sins. I now accept your gift of eternal life. Please come into my heart and I will follow Jesus as my personal Savior. I will try to obey Him in all that I do. Thank you for my new life. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen."

If you prayed this, Hallelujah. If you prayed this, your legs may not "move" as Isaac's, but please tell people...Please tell me. I would love to rejoice with you. Let your excitement for what Jesus did for you show through.

If you did not pray this prayer, but have questions that you would like me to try an answer please call me.




BTW, Isaac says he wants his mansion in heaven next to Keegans! : )

1 comment:

Janey said...

This is great!
It is very encouraging to hear what Jesus really can do :)
Good for Isaac!